Clean rooms are an important requirement for the research and production of things. Clean rooms refer to those rooms that have a clean working environment, controlled humidity, and strict temperature. Clean rooms are important in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical things.
Clean rooms have additional features of daily cleaning, dust-free air, free of contamination, and seamless walls of plastic. The workers in cleanrooms are directed to wear special uniforms that include headcovers. They are directed to pass through an air shower or air blast to remove the dust particles from them.
It is to be mentioned that cleanrooms do not eliminate contaminants. These rooms have a tolerance to contaminants. They absorb the contaminants. The contaminants are absorbed depending upon the tolerance of those rooms. However, measures are taken to control the number of contaminants in these rooms. So in this way, clean rooms are supposed to work efficiently. Clean rooms have pharma machinery inside them, which is used to manufacture non-sterile medicines.
What is the need of having cleanroom?
Non-sterile medicines are produced by different companies in the world. These companies need to have clean rooms where these medicines are manufactured. Clean rooms are mandatory for the production of non-sterile medicines. These rooms are ventilated and airy; however the cleanest.
If your company is producing non-sterile medicines, you need to be careful about the grading of clean rooms and classifying them. You need to maintain the quality of cleanrooms to manufacture those medicines there.
Possible sources of contamination in cleanrooms
It is to be mentioned that cleanrooms do not take off the contamination. Rather, they control the contamination to a tolerable level.
- The manufacturers are always concerned about microbial contamination. There is always a risk of microbial contamination in these rooms. The technology cannot measure microbial contamination in quick time. So there is always a risk of getting airborne particles in those clean rooms. Clean rooms are always at risk of microbial contamination.
- GMPs have set and controlled the sources of airborne particulates to control microbial contamination to a significant extent.
- Personnel and workers are present in the cleaning rooms. So they are more likely to bring airborne contaminants into the room. So the solution to this problem is doing the proper gowning and limiting the number of workers in a room. This is how the cleanrooms can be controlled.
Characteristics of cleanrooms
People are always interested in knowing the characteristics of clean rooms. There are different clean room manufacturers in the world. Clean rooms have three main characteristics. So let us get started.
- Clean rooms have clean internal surfaces. The equipment is clean on the surfaces.
- The air quality is clean and controlled in a cleanroom.
- Clean rooms are operated well. The number of staff is controlled.
Clean rooms are required for a better working environment. It is good to work in a controlled environment. Clean rooms have proved to be efficient in controlling the contaminants, so there is better and safe production of medicines.
Discussion about this post