To make your outfit stand out, you will need to accessorize. In most cases, a few pieces of jewelry are enough to make an impact.
If you pick the right jewelry according to the occasion, it can add more class and elegance to your entire outfit. But remember, if paired incorrectly, the wrong jewelry can also ruin your entire look.
When accessorizing, keep in mind that the neck and ears are quite prominent and can easily be noticed by others. So naturally, it goes without saying that your earrings should match your necklace. But, how would you know which earrings match your necklace and the outfit?
In this post, we will talk about how you can choose the perfect earrings that match your necklace and your overall look so read on.
Matching Earrings and Necklaces
Besides decorating your neck and ears, the two accessories should complement your dress, as well as each other.
For instance, diamonds, as we all know them, can catch people’s attention easily for their sparkling appearance. Due to their usual clear color, pairing diamonds with other accessories and outfits is a breeze compared to other gemstones with bold colors.
A diamond tennis necklace is a popular jewelry item. It has become a fashion statement as many fashion models, showbiz celebrities, and sports players like to hang it around their necks.
- It features small sparkling diamonds throughout the chain that goes around your neck
- It is durable and lightweight, so it can be worn all the time, no matter what activity you do
- It is available in different colors featuring fancy diamonds
So, if you’re wearing a diamond tennis necklace, pairing it with earrings made of rubies will be a great idea. Diamond tennis necklaces are also a perfect match for emerald and sapphire earrings.
However, things can get tricky when you want to mix and match other precious gemstones or incorporate heirlooms that could be hard to blend into the look. But don’t worry, here are some tips on how you can find a perfect earring and necklace match!
What to Consider in Matching Earrings and Necklaces
1. The Occasion
Firstly, think about the occasion you are attending to. Is it a black tie event? Is it a summer party on the poolside? Is it a quiet dinner with your family or loved ones?
Next, decide the kind of statement you’d like your jewelry to make. This will help you determine the kind of earrings for that particular event.
- Are you putting on a loud, colorful necklace for a mid-day event? With a colorful necklace that features lots of beads and chains, perhaps some funky feathery earrings would look stunning.
- Are you donning a simple white gold necklace with a black evening dress? A simple yet graceful diamond necklace goes with small diamond studs – enough to make a lasting impression.
2. Opt for Different Materials
Another way to pair up two pieces of fashion jewelry is to mix and match different materials. For example, you can pair a beaded colorful necklace with small silver metal earrings. But ensure that the earrings are simple yet sleek, so they don’t take away too much from your neckline.
Mixing and matching different materials is slightly more complicated than the conventional way of matching jewelry. You must train your eyes to spot fundamental elements in your jewelry and pair them with different trinkets.
This gets even easier if you are a sucker for gemstones. It’s a universal rule; you can never pair a pink gemstone necklace with gold earrings. This match would never complement each other, let alone you.
- Always opt for earrings in the same hues or contrasting gemstones. For instance, a pink beaded necklace would look great with silver or rose gold earrings.
- You can also follow the same theme for necklaces and earrings. For instance, if you don a dreamcatcher necklace, you can put on small dangly dreamcatcher earrings to make a statement look.
3.Match Size and Shape
The entire process of matching earrings with a necklace becomes a lot easier when you consider the size of the pieces. This way, you will be able to identify which of the pieces go well together and which ones aren’t your cup of tea.
- If you have iconic statement earrings, you can keep your necklace light. Put on a simple gold or silver chain, according to the hues, and you will look stunning.
- You can also pair your necklace with a beautiful pair of earrings if they are of a similar design. For instance, heart-shaped earrings will look chic if you put on a heart-shaped pendant.
- You can always mix and match different shapes. Like if you’re wearing a triangular pendant, you can put on another different geometric shape for earrings. They will look fabulous when put together.
4. Don’t Forget Color Coordination
Color coordination is one of the oldest and finest tricks in fashion history to unify your entire look. It ensures that you don’t go out of the box too much.
We love mixing and matching contrasting colors. But, overdoing it can sometimes ruin the entire outfit.
The simple, the better; this is your safest route to a simple yet elegant attire.
Let’s suppose you enjoy wearing silver and gold. Then you should invest in a multicolor necklace with different metal shades. You can pair it with single-colored metal earrings that will complement your signature trinket. You can also put on a diamond ring that will go with another metal color of your necklace.
Just remember to keep the colors neutral so they can pop out. We suggest you choose jewelry with more earth-toned hues since they are easy to pair.
5. Be Quirky
If you think that people who have their jewelry pieces in order never had it difficult, you are wrong. Everyone learns from their mistakes, and you will also have your fair share.
Adding a bit of personalization won’t hurt anyone. You need to own your style and adorn what you love and feel most comfortable in. It will help you learn your fashion expression effortlessly.
Now, go through your jewelry and figure out which one of your pieces will help you express your idea in a stylish manner. Wearing something inspiring that complements your thoughts is meant to keep you motivated. It will enhance your confidence, and you can carry your look with utmost grace.
It can be complicated, but if you take matching earrings and necklaces as a fun exercise, you’ll learn a great deal about it. In the end, we’d suggest you should stick to the trial and error approach. Just be yourself when putting on jewelry, and make sure it goes well with your outfit
Hopefully, this article has been worthy of your time and attention. And we’d be happy to hear your thoughts.
Discussion about this post